Skye AKA Skizzle is a 17 year old Border Terrier. She has cancer and is about to undergo radiation therapy to try and reduce the size of the tumor. The treatment is expensive and my sister, Skizzle's best friend and college student, has started selling her belongings to pay for Skizzle's treatment.
If you want to help, please donate via paypal to the SkizzleFund.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Skizzle

This is Skye "Skizzle" she is loving and loyal and she is my sister's best friend. We brought Skye home as a puppy when my sister was seven years old, and the two have been pretty much inseparable for the last seventeen years.
a few months ago, my sister noticed a small lump on Skizzle's side and took her to the vet. She was told it was a benign, fatty tumor and not to worry. A couple of weeks later it seemed to be getting bigger, so back they went and again she was told not to worry. Despite my sister's protest and several trips to the vet, she was repeatedly told there was nothing to worry about.
Until a week ago, when she took Skizzle to see a different vet and was this time told, yes, this is in fact a malignant tumor that is growing at an aggressive rate and needs to be treated.
My sister who is a full time student has now resorted to selling her stuff to pay for Skizzle's vet visits and the radiation therapy that is to start this Tuesday.
I am creating this blog/donation page because I really don't want to come home to find my sister, naked and eating beans out of the can, living in her car, having sold everything she owns to help save her puppy.

3 comments:

  1. Nic, I'll for sure donate this week (need to get a credit card in the mail that was cancelled last week due to an unfortunate situation) - and then will go on and donate! And, I'll also pray for Skizzle, that she has a loving, happy life, surrounded by pets and comfort. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie, Skye and Danni both appreciate it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete